Location: Above the crown chakra
Colors: Black, silver, ultraviolet
Verb: I know
In a Word: Time
Located about an inch above the crown chakra and a part of the AURA as the EIGHTH CHAKRA, it is often confused with the SOUL STAR CHAKRA. The unnamed eighth chakra is the seat of time and timelessness as it relates to karma, soul relationships, and portals in and through the time/space continuum. It graciously provides access to all past knowledge, karmic memories, and access to other dimensions and times and serves as the key to our past-life emotions and physical experiences. Its yang element relates to how we live out our karma and its dying element holds memories and acts as our personal scribe.
Physically, it affects our sense of balance, time, and planning. Psychically, it serves as an access point to past-life information, present-life, alternative realities, and future timelines. Intuitively, it’s the place where our destiny is regulated and from where we can gain insights into past-life decisions and make better changes going forth.
If black in color, then it’s a portal through which we absorb negative energies from people, places, and things. From there, it gives easy access to our in-body chakras, opening the pathway for diseases, addictions, cravings, and the like. However, if shifted from black to silver to ultraviolet, it means we refrain from absorbing the energies of others and thus serves can seen as a clear channel.
In a Nutshell:
- Allows Divine Light to enter into one’s energy field
- Useful in activating/stimulating the in-body chakras
- Serves as an access point to Akashic Records (or the Book of Self), which equates to everything that we’ve done, said or thought that remains undealt with (karma)
- Serves as an access point to the Book of Life, which equates to the positive past and future-life perspectives
- Serves as an access point to the Shadow Records, which equates what’s never been done, said, or thought
- A valuable access point through which healing of chronic physical or emotional problems including diseases, addictions, and the like.
Working with the 8th Chakra:
- Set strong intentions in conjunction with guided visualizations to shift its color from black to ultraviolet
- Process and release strong emotions and traumas
- Eat healthy and pure foods – no sugar or salt
The Complete Book of Chakra Healing by Cindi Dale (2009)